The slightly rubbish, high on Flash low on content, Xbox 360 website has been updated with an absolutely mouth watering video of what to expect. (Go to the site, wait for the shonky Flash interface to load, spin to the picture of the American Footballer’s head, click it).
With music backing from the excellent Kaiser Chiefs there is footage from the following games:
- Quake 4: Looks very special, as you’d expect
- Kameo: Not feeling this at all
- Test Drive Unlimited: How can this brand still be going after we’ve suffered crap title after title? This is looking a bit average really
- Call of Duty 2: This looks unbelievably awesome, and IN GAME
- The Darkness: No spandex, but interesting all the same
- Madden 06: Looks suspiciously like a title sequence, there’s a shock from EA
- Project Gotham Racing 3: Looks amazing, though I’m not convinced how much of this isn’t replays.
- Gears of War: Has looked stunning from the beginning
- NBA 06: Typical EA, looks OK
- Frame City Killer: This looks like a very stylish GTA style game
- Ghost Recon 3: Another one that has looked special from the off
- Top Spin 2: Again looks like an intro movie, but promising
- Need For Speed Most Wanted: another EA intro
- Dead Rising: A guy, standing on a van, in a tunnel, surrounded by around 1000 zombies… very cool
- Codenamed: Criminal Original: You don’t see much of this…
- Fifa 06: Yawn, more EA intro vids.
- Elder Scrolls 4: Not into elves and stuff, but this looks and sounds very solid
- Full Auto: I’ve read some interesting things about this, and it’s looking promising
- The Outfit: Frankly this looks like a very average 3rd person shooter with current gen graphics
- NBA2K6: Non EA sports games, that looks average, but still very introy
- Perfect Dark: Zero: This could be a huge title. From the people that brought us the legendary
GoldenEye. It’s looking very fast, and very smooth.
- Saints Row: The interesting thing on this are the way explosions seem to move the debris surrounding it. Very natural and done with the game engine.
- NHL2K6: see NBA2K6
- Ninety-nine Nights: Another intro sequence
- Dead Or Alive 4: No a big beat-em fan, but ouuuuch. And you know the breasts will be as bouncy as never before. In fact they probably have one of the CPUs set aside by for rendering them alone.
The videos to take most notice of are the ones that definitely show some in game footage. Call of Duty 2 is probably the best example of what to expect from in game graphics – it’s actually quite frightening how good it looks at times (there more footage around on the net if you look).
Basically this video will make you want a 360 now, and wonder why November is soooo far away.
Which is the whole point really…