Aye I know I’ve been sloppy, but after a nightmare saga with BT that went something like this…
- Line put in May 31st,
- apparently someone cancels it same day – except NO ONE actually knows who, what, where, why, or how,
- phone works for 3 weeks (BT completely unaware of it’s existence, oooh the calls we could have made if we’d known),
- try to get broadband,
- BT can’t find line,
- phone BT 5 times,
- phone cut off,
- phone BT 8 times,
- 6 days later, at 6pm, we are informed accidentally by an Indian call centre that an engineer is due at 8am the next morning
- rush around trying to organise a house sitter
- engineer can’t understand why there was such a problem…
- we’re charged £103 for the privilege!
…I am finally rocking with 2Mb broadband WiFi at the flat.
I’ll just have to give my new ISP a big plug for being a shining beacon of best practice for how an communications company should, er… communicate! They are called Freedom2Surf and for £22.99 a month they are supplying me with my speedy net. There is a 10Gb cap, but between 1am and 6am things are unmetred. A 100Gb cap version is available for £27.99 (and a likely upgrade for me if you keep reading…).
With all the faffing around I had with BT the F2S staff were exemplary throughout with their response times and replies – if only BT could manage half of that sort of service. Another excellent point is that they are a partner of Easynet’s Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) scheme. With my exchange down to be activated (hopefully) this month I should soon be busting out 8Mb a second for the same monthly charge!
and… they are soon to be trialling 24Mb a second ADSL2+ – yes that does say TWENTY FOUR MEGABYTES a SECOND!
Cue Dr Evil style cackling…
Aaaaanyway the point is I will hopefully be getting back into the swing on this thing very soon.
You’ll have to believe me when I say I haven’t been totally laying back and twiddling my thumbs the past fortnight. I have been working on the redesign to reflect the view from our flat (as mentioned a few weeks back). Here’s a sneaky peak…