Week Notes #2: 20 April, 2020
The one where I somehow pick up an ear infection during lockdown.
The weekend was fine. I had a bit of scratchy throat. I hoped it wasn't The Virus.
- It wasn't but I ended the weekend with barely being able to hear anything out of my left ear.
- We had quite a productive weekend pottering around the house doing odd jobs, baking bread, spending hours working out a ridiculous amount of shopping the Asda's website.
- I did the Click and Collect thing on Monday morning. It was all pretty smooth, though the lack of Cheddar and olive oil is irritating.
- My blocked ear has progressed to some stabby pains so I've filled in an extensive questionnaire on the website and I'm awaiting a consultation. It wasn't a great form and do I really need to answer the alcohol unit question EVERY TIME there is an interaction with the NHS? I was genuinely tempted to select 70+ just for Lockdown based giggles.
- In the end I didn't even have to have a phone call, I just received a text message to say that based on my answers there is a prescription for antibiotics waiting at the chemist at the end of the road. That's good. I think. It also shows how seriously they don't want you down at the surgery.
- Just ordered a 15kg bag of flour for Mrs C. I will never had it said I don't buy her flowers.
- Also ordered some fancy Earthborn eco friendly clay paint for the living room. Hopefully it will sit lovely behind my OS map.
- Three days worth of antibiotics and the ear infection only seems to have gotten worse. The pain has been pretty horrible at time. So I called the doctors again. They really don't want you to go in. He gave me a few extra days antibiotics, said give it in until Tuesday then we'll 'bite the bullet and get you to come in'. I got him to add some better pain killers too.
- Obviously thing started to improve almost as soon as I put the phone down. The general fog of persistent pain has lifted. I still can't hear ... but fingers crossed.
- On Saturday we put the tent up in the back garden. It was quite nice to have a new space to sit in. I ended up sleeping out with the big daughter. Smaller son wasn't keen. Mrs C sent me a photo of her big glass of wine. I quite enjoyed it though.
- Sunday was another day of lockdown semi-productive pottering. Taking the tent down etc. Made a tasty asparagus pasta dish with fresh asparagus from the local farm.
- On the beer front Polly's Nada is another belter from the Mold crew.