Week Notes #3: 27 April, 2020
The one where I tell everyone about this new site.
The week starts with the ear infection finally starting to clear. The pain level is down to virtually nothing, hearing is up to about 60%.
- My computer greeted me with the news that it's now 60 days since I was in the office.
- We finished the second series of Sex Education on Netflix. It's a lovely little series. Far sweeter than you'd expect from the title and the opening scene of every episode. Great characters, great actors and I've grown to really enjoy the weird way they've tried to make it timeless by simultaneously setting it in the 70, 80s, 90s, noughties and present. Oh and that it's in Wales. But everyone is English. But they attend an American high school.
- I'm getting ready to tell everyone about the new site that you're currently reading. (I just remembered I need to see what the RSS situation of Craft is). The site is already live on the domain for anyone to see ... but the blog is so old hat noone cares.
- I've got a feed in place. I think it works ... but I'm not sure if the 'No Content' thing is chached in my feedly, or I'm missing something. The feed looks OK in it's raw state. I haven't managed to get images working yet. I'm not sure I need them.
- Tuesday was a tough day. Generally this whole lockdown thing hasn't been too bad. There are very obvious disadvantages but some things have been nice. Lots of days in each others pockets is a lot of days.
- We're cracking on with Race Around the World series 2 now. We're catching up having all sorts of stuff going on when it started. We loved the first series, and half way through this one is just as good.
- Wednesday started with baking two sourdough loaves. I can't take credit, Mrs C is the baker, but I like the process. My role has become chief starter feeder and banneton prepper. The banneton bit is proving more difficult than you'd expect.
- I've been doing one of those 7 albums I love things on Facebook. It's been nice listening to albums for a change. I miss writing about music like I used on my blog. I might have to revisit those old posts.
- Pondering another beer delivery from the bar that now does local delivery. Honest Brew, the big online place I normally use is suggesting there will be a 15 day delay from ordering which ... well it it isn't good enough. I'm still paying in money every month as part of my members scheme though, which is annoying. The local place only has stock I'm interested from Polly's Brew - who are a top notch brewery - I just like to keep things mixed up. Not problems I should be worried about at the moment, I know.
- I think I'm ready to tell everyone about the new site. There are still a few things I'd like to do, but they can wait for now.
- The launch went fine. Nothing fell to bits. People said positive things.
- Painted the chimney breast in the living room with the Earthborn Clay Paint we got last week. It's lovely paint, has no smell, amazing deep green colour. I've cocked up the second coat a bit though, I'm hoping I'll stop seeing the brush strokes ... or I'll be sanding and trying again. Looks good though.