Week Notes #8: 1 June, 2020
Oh God, please make the News stop.
There's not a lot positive going on at the moment. Obviously there is The Virus. There is our Government being generally awful in their handling ... of ... well ... everything. There is the fact they're also ploughing on with the Brexit bollocks. Then you've got the Orange Despot some how continually finding ways to spectacularly one down himself on an hour-by-hour basis.
- Anyway ... the weather is still nice. Though some rain would be useful.
- I'm actually going to see my Mum later, which apart from dropping some eggs off in the second week of lockdown is the first time in ages. That will be nice.
- And it was nice. Good to see my sister too, who just spent 95% of the time facing a barrage of Animal Crossing questions from the kids.
- Had my first Honest Brew order in 3 months, using 3 months worth of built up credit. There are some exciting beers.
- Interestingly the local place I have been getting my beers from in the meantime have decided to expand their online operations. There may be a change coming.
- Nice to have some fresher weather. Though I think it will get boring pretty quickly.
- Did another cheeky trip to M&S. Got some more cheap egg custards - RESULT!
- I woke up this morning feeling hung over. Despite not having any alcohol for four days. I didn't keep on top of my hydration properly yesterday, and my God do I feel it now. This is the first time in a couple of months I've done it ... so at least I'm getting better at it. It used to do it every week.
- When I do get it wrong it takes about 24 hours of feeling knackered before I'm all of sudden back to firing on all cylinders. So Thursday was a slow day.
- The weekend brought some pressure washing. Surely the most satisfying of household jobs? The key task of this session was to jet off the paint on the back fence, and it worked really well. Even in the high winds. The fence is now back to a much more natural state after being a particularly awful dark brown. It looks good, actually.
- DIY is something that frustrates the life out of me. I want to be able to do it. I feel like I should be able to do it ... but every time I get the itch to do something I get overwhelmed by the scope and my lack of knowledge and non-existence of tools. I wish I could just do stuff. When I do try something I find myself frustrated by my lack of skill.
- I might by a little sander to finish the job off properly. Then I need to think about how to the flower bed.
- We finished the week with another walk on the golf course. We're really lucky to be near such quality green space. The golf course in a Municipal, and it still closed. It will probably reopen this week, it's been interesting to see how they've maintained it over the last couple of months. It's certainly looking good at the moment, surprisingly it was the quietest we've seen the course for weeks and we had a really good long walk in the evening sun.