Week Notes #18: 10 August, 2020
It was a very hot one. And Thundery. And hot.
Lots and lot's of heat. Lot's of it. And thunder. With a bit more heat.
- The new telly is still really good. Like, really good. It's been a while since I've had a Sony product and it's good to see that they are still quite a good at electronics.
- It was very hot. Have I mentioned that? The first few days of the week were basically a write off. Working while sweltering, cowering from the sun. Then thunder at night.
- So I haven't hit a golf ball this week ... which is the first time in months I haven't at least done a little bit. I did a bit of swing practice though.
- The exciting parts of the week came towards then end. The children stayed at Nanny's. For two nights.
- We love our children. We really do ... but having a bit of time to be proper adults was ... blissful.
- We took our bikes out on Friday evening. Just me and my wife. We drove to the coast of the Peninsula. Tootled a few miles down a cycle path into the sunset. Got a half decent pizza (talked a good game, but I can make better myself) and we ate it while watching the sun disappear over the horizon. Bloody lovely.
- On Saturday we went to another Nation Trust property. Hat's off to the NT they way they are dealing with the return of people is exemplary. Sensible ticketing solution, sensible numbers ... everything feels well thought out and safe. I wouldn't have expected anything less.
- Plas Newydd on Anglesey is where we went this time. I really like Anglesey, and I always forget how nice Plas Newydd is. It's in a beautiful spot on the Menai Straits with a stunning Snowdonia backdrop.
- Afterwards we did try to take the kids to a beach - but it was heaving. Police were actually stopping access on some roads - and that was at 4pm.
- A lazy Saturday night. There may have been prosecco.
- Sunday was even lazier. A much needed lie in, a leisurely breakfast, a few jobs and then I was able to watch a whole Grand Prix. I can't remember the last time I could do that. It looked amazing in 4k.