Week Notes #26: 12 ... Well, OK, most of October, 2020
This one includes my birthday.
Once again I've fallen off the wagon ... a combination of nothing happening, and lots happening. Anyway here I am to waffle a bit about what happened.
- The next 36Kg of flour was delivered. The same Canadian for sourdough, Type 55 for baguettes and rolls and some new European wholemeal for bulking out and mixing into the starter etc.
- We've finally started using a covering for the sourdough when it's cooking. We've been trying with out for months. We've used an upturned Pyrex bowl for the last few bakes and it makes a huge different - next stop is a big old cast iron thing, but we'll carry on with this for a while.
- It was my birthday. It was very pleasant.
- I got a guitar. As a teenager and, well, forever - I'm an electronic person. I DJ'd, I messed around with software and bleeps. I never wanted a guitar, I just wasn't interested.
- Now I've got one, and I bloody love it. I've just been following Justin Guitar on YouTube, learning some chords, some basic tunes - and I'm really enjoying it.
- it's mindful, I guess. It takes enough brainpower and concentration to get 'in to the moment' but so taxing it becomes hard work.
- And I'm already making noises that aren't terrible.
- I can see me buying more guitars.
- Obviously we didn't go out for food - but we did pick up a 5 course meal from a restaurant to eat at home. A Sicilian inspired menu from Six by Nico, with a bottle of wine. We put the kids to bed early, got got dressed up (I put a shirt on), we even sat at the dining table and generally had a lovely time.
- And we could just wander back to the sofa after.
- Next it was half term. We had been looking at going away ... but I took the week off anyway.
- In the end a lot of the week was taken up by supporting our daughter in a bike riding challenge for Children in Need and her Guide unit.
- As part of the 'Act Your Age' theme she decided to ride 77 miles (the age of her Unit) over 11 days (her age) ... and she's been absolutely smashing it.
- She's seems to have struck a chord somewhere, the Guides social team have featured her on their social output ... the the official Children in Need account featured her ... which culminated in Tim Peake like her photo.
- Which for a space mad you girl who wants to be a 'Space Scientist' is pretty damn cool.
- After 9 days she's done 66 miles and raised over £350.
- We'll finish it off next weekend
- Feel free to add to her total!