Week Notes #5: 11 May, 2020
The one where we stay alert.
Another week in Lockdown. This week we get to STAY ALERT. Which is nice.
- 75 days now since I was last in the office. I really should go and get that backup drive at some point.
- There's been something crapping on our front lawn for months now. Numerous little turds turning up in a couple of days. We know there are foxes about ... but they don't seem to fit the profile. So I've bought a camera to film overnight.
- The camera - one of Amazon's new Blink Minis - is quite cool. £34.99, plug and play, motion detection, night vision. It's indoor only though. I hadn't bargained on the IR not working through glass. I think we'll be able to sort something out though.
- Managed to get the camera setup in the little archway of our front door. For some reason the previous owner rigged up an external plug socket above head height ... and this proved a perfect place to set up the camera.
- On waking I reviewed the night's captured footage. At 02:38 the milkman delivers over the road. Clear as day ... well infrared lit night ... is a freshly laid log on the lawn. There is no footage of the offence taking place.
- I'll try again tonight with a higher motion sensitivity.
- Two more attempts with the camera. Two more uncaptured piles of poo. Pretty sure it's foxes now ... but it would be nice to capture them. The Blink Mini doesn't seem to have the motion sensitivity needed. The last throw of the device is to lower the angle a bit to see if that helps.
- I had my in-house barber (my wife) clipper my hair. I was in danger of sailing at too close to Terry Nutkins territotry. It looks pretty good, we started at the maximium of 23mm, but that was still too long, ended up on 18mm - which is about a Grade 6. I'm happy enough with that.
- Did some proper work in the garden. Taking up some paving slabs. Now I need to work out of if I'm brave/able enough to try and build some sort of raised bed against the fence. I always feel I should be better at this stuff. But I don't have the tools. Or the experience.
- I had a couple of decent beer over the weekend. I'm still drinking a lot of Polly's at the moment. Despite being in Wales they are one of my closest breweries. 'Yearn and Fail' is another great example of their abilities as brewers of exceptionally good pales.
- I also had my last of Omnipollo's and Buxton's Walking Poo series. The Original Rocky Road Ice Cream. It's been in my stash for probably two and a half years. It was well worth the wait.